(Photos by Mike Joyce)
Costumes and Party Theme Kits Halloween, Haloween,halloween costumes, Yard decorations, Renaissance Faire Costumes,goth clothes ,renaissance clothing,medieval , rave , Fun dress-up items for a whole party, party decorating kits
25 Top Selling Costumes...
As the largest online costume retailer in the world, BuyCostumes knew it would face challenges when the company set out make a name in the party business roughly two years ago. The Party division launched with just 120 themes in May 2006, in comparison to the 200 themes they are carrying currently. Not to mention the plethora of seasonal décor and holiday themed supplies the site now carries. In less than two years, party product offerings and sales have grown so rapidly that BuyCostumes.com has been recognized as the “Online Party Retailer of the Year!” This award was presented at the 5th Annual National Party Retailing Awards in Las Vegas on March 16th 2008.
Costume City is an industry leader in costumes, mascots, wigs, masks, makeup, accessories, and props.
Costume Craze is one of the world's largest online costume retailers. We operate successfully all year round, and so can you! Costumes are not just for Halloween. Christmas, birthdays, Mardi Gras, Easter, St. Patrick's Day, 4th of July, themed parties, conventions, theater productions, and more make costume buying a year-round obsession. People worldwide, everyday love to shop at Costume Craze.
Halloween Decorations - sure to make any party memorable!
Our renowned Halloween costume selection is in at Lillian Vernon - get yours while they last!
If you believe life's no fun without a good scare, then you'll be right at home in Halloween Town. Jack Skellington and all his extraordinary friends will be there to greet you!
Welcome to Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas collectible Halloween village. Re-live the story of how Jack tries to bring the joy of Christmas to his hometown with each devishly detailed and hand-painted building. They really light up with ghoulishly glowing colors! Your collectible Halloween village is complete with figurines and accessories inspired by the twisted holiday classic. A Hawthorne Village limited-edition exclusive FIRST.
Personal Creations - Halloween Gifts and Decor
Batman costumes,watches, lamps and much more! Complete your Batman collection today. Click here for WBShop.com!
Kids Football Uniform Sets(with numbers)Kids love these Costumes!
Halloween Fun Items, Click here - Wait till you see what's in store!!
Hearthsong has Great Halloween stuff!
Torrid Costumes Plus Size
Halloween Fun Facts
- Halloween, referred to as All Hallows Eve, was originally a pagan holiday in which they honored the dead. It was celebrated on October 31 since this was the last day of the Celtic calendar. The celebration dates back some 2,000 years
- The ancient Celts thought that spirits and ghosts wondered the streets on all Hallows Eve so they began wearing masks and costumes in order to not be recognized as human
- The jack-o-lantern tradition comes from an old Irish folk tale about a man named Stingy Jack. It was said that he was unable to get into heaven and was turned away from the devil because of his tricky ways. So he set off to wander the world looking for a resting place. For light, Stingy Jack used a burning coal ember in a hollowed out turnip. When the Irish immigrated to the U.S. during the Great Potato Famine of 1845-1850, they found that turnips were not as readily available like they were in the homeland. So they started carving pumpkins as a replacement for their tradition.
- On Halloween, Irish peasants would beg the rich for food. For those that refused, they would play a practical joke. So, in an effort to avoid being tricked, the rich would hand out cookies, candy, and fruit – a practice that morphed into trick-or-treating today
All Things Edible
- Of all the candy sold annually, one quarter of it is sold during Halloween time (September – November 10) making it the sweetest holiday of the year.
- Tootsie Rolls were the first wrapped penny candy in America
- The number one candy of choice for Halloween is Snickers
- There are an estimated 106 million potential treat-or-treat stops (i.e., housing units occupied year-round, per the U.S. Census)
- Halloween is the second most commercially successful holiday, beat out only by Christmas
- The U.S. consumer spends upwards of $1.5 billion on Halloween costumes annually and more than $2.5 billion on other Halloween paraphernalia, such as decorations, crafts, etc.
- Candy sales in the U.S. for Halloween average $2 billion annually
- Halloween is the third biggest party day of the year behind New Year’s and Super Bowl Sunday, respectively
- 86% of Americans decorate their homes at Halloween
- Halloween is the 8th largest card sending holiday. The first Halloween greeting is dated back to early 1900 and today consumers spend around $50 million dollars on Halloween cards each year.
- Of the pumpkins marketed domestically, 99% of them are used as Jack-o-lanterns at Halloween
- Approximately 82% of children and 67% of adults take part in Halloween festivities every year
- The official Orange and Black colors of Halloween came from orange being associated with fall harvest and black symbolizing darkness and death.
- There are no words in the dictionary that rhyme with “orange”
- In the movie “Halloween” the mask worn by Michael Meyers is actually the mask of William Shatner painted white
- Magician, Harry Houdini died on Halloween, 1926 in Detroit, MI
20 Printable Halloween Games Over 20 Games & Activities! Print as many copies of as many Halloween games as you want...or print all of them! You'll have access to these games for a full 90 days. Start printing as soon as you order! $15.95
for a Complete Sitemap, Click Here